Wednesday, April 14, 2010

MY REDEEMER LIVES
How can I have faith in a God who allows so much tragedy in my life?
God's Response:
As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and He will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see Him for myself. Yes, I will see Him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!
Job 19:25-27
Our Takeaway:
At the heart of the book of Job stands his ringing affirmation of confidence: "I know that my Redeemer lives." What tremendous faith Job had, especially in light of the fact that he was unaware of satin's role in his sufferings. Job thought that God had brought all the disasters upon him! Faced with tragedy and even death, Job still expected to see God - and he expected to do so in his body. Although Job struggled with the idea that God was presently against him, he firmly believed that in the end, God would be on his side.
When trouble strikes, can you claim with confidence, "My Redeemer Lives"?
God's Promise:
Our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers.
1 Timothy 4:10
Big T's Thought To Ponder:
The greatest gift we receive to help stretch our faith and reliance in our Redeemer, is to trust and believe in Him unconditionally; to stand confidently and victoriously in the truth and promises Christ provides us for each trial; each trouble and for each impossible moment in our lives.
I love what James says: "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials. Knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience."
James 1:2

The only way to grow in faith and confidence in anything, is to get to know it, to study it, understand its boundaries and thresholds and then to trust and believe in it fully. Just observe from the sidelines without any action isn't going to allow for any growth in faith, you must seek it. Matthew 7:7-8

A simple but crewed illustration of trust and belief: is the difference between my truck and my boat. I jump into that Hummer each morning and I know and trust that it's going to start and get me where I need to go without fail - on time, every time. I am confident in this because I have invested time driving it everyday for the last seven years and I know that if follow the manufactures written instruction and I keep gas in it and the oil changed, that it is very dependable and reliable -trustworthy.

My boat on the other hand, I have very little to no trust in, no faith that it is going to start next time I load up the family for a weekend cruise. I just don't invest enough time running it like to do my truck, I have never been intentional about following the proper maintenance instruction, hence my trust in the boat starting or getting my where I need to go, it doubtful at best.

My point being... We can't put our trust and belief in our Redeemer if we don't understand Him through seeking an intimate relationship. We have to be willing to invest our time in developing a deeper understanding of His instruction and purpose for our lives by abiding and lingering in His presence.

Once we become intentional about knowing Him, He will open our eyes to His many truths and promises. We will begin to walk in His Spirit with a trusting and dependent heart; completely equipped to walk through any trial, trouble or impossible circumstance, both faithfully and confidently - for His greater purpose...

Search for the treasures in your trials today, look back and praise your Redeemer for growing your trust and increasing your faith in Him alone.

blog comments powered by Disqus