Tuesday, April 20, 2010

THE WAY
Isn't it a little narrow-minded to say that Jesus is the only way to God?

God's Response:
John saw Jesus coming toward Him and said, "Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"
John 1:29

[Jesus said,] "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
John 14:6

Our Takeaway:
Some people may argue that to say Jesus is the only way is narrow and unloving. But we aren't claiming it as our own idea. We're only repeating what we find in the Holy Bible. Jesus said He is the way to God the Father. So is this really narrow? Not really. It is actually wide enough for the whole world to come to the Father, if the world chooses to accept Jesus' statement as the truth. Instead of worrying about whether this belief sounds narrow-minded, we should be thankful that Jesus has provided a sure way to God - a way that is open and available to all.

God's Promise:
All of us can come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us.
Ephesians 2:18

Big T's Thought To Ponder:
Narrow-minded in my opinion would be overlooking this amazing truth of life and choosing to believe a lie instead.

I'm just a sinner and even I can't imagine that there was any other way besides by the Cross. How is there a better way than perfection? A good friend of mine explains it something like this: "God said it... I believe it... That's the end of it!"

There was and is no other perfect and Divine Way other than Jesus Christ, the perfect Lamb, sacrificing His life on the Cross so that the world could have Life and have it more abundantly.
John 10:10

Jesus wasn't overly excited about the way, but He knew that it was the Will of the Father and He knew that there was NO alternate possibility. We can't fathom the pain and suffering Jesus endured in the beatings, torture and crucifixion itself, let alone taking on the sin of the world.

Every time I consider the reality that He rescued me from myself and the wickedness of this world, I know He is the Way... Every time He answers an impossible prayer, I am remined that He is the Way... Every time I am blessed with the experience of leading another to Him, I am confident that He is the Way... Each morning I read His Truth, I know without a shadow of doubt that He is the Way... Every time I inventory my life and compare the old man to the new, it is incontestable that Jesus Christ is the only Way, the only Truth and the only Life!

Jesus is Indisputable!
blog comments powered by Disqus