Monday, June 21, 2010

WISDOM
How Can I be more receptive to God's wisdom?

Scripture To Consider:
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.
James 1:15

Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom. All who obey His commandments will grow in wisdom.
Psalm 111:10

Big T's Thought To Ponder:
I have been writing this daily devotions for several months now and found myself growing frustrated because I started over complicating what God intended this to be about, the simple love for sharing with others, my perspective of His beautiful and magnificent word; and encouraging others through the challenging life lessons and personal experiences God has blessed me through His testimony and my witness for the past (48) years.

Last Friday God revealed something pretty cool to me as I began to write a devotion about "Remembering" - remembering all of what God has done for us. As I typically have in the past, I pulled resources from the Internet of other perspectives around the world to get my creativity flowing, I began to punch out a witty devotion for the day. Over the last few days I realized that this couldn't be further from what God had originally called me to do that morning God simply said to me to "write"! Write from your heart!

God ask me to share from my heart, my perspective, from the wisdom, testimony, experiences, tribulations and troubles that He has blessed me with, not from the perspective of others, but from His perspective through me. And so with that said this is what our wonderful savior put on my heart this morning:

I love the simplistic instruction that James gives us in the scripture above and it gives me great confidence knowing that God works and gives His wisdom so freely to just ordinary men like you and I. We don't have to be Bible scholars to have and to share the wisdom and understanding of God, we just have to ask for it and be bold enough to stand confident in Christ!
I look at the men and women that Jesus hung around with and the biblical characters of scripture whom who our Father God has used over thousands of years, most of them were just regular John Doe's with regular day-to-day problems in which God decided to do amazing things with and through.

If you need wisdom, ask Him for it!

The way I see it, as Christians we have two basic instructions: Read the Word of God in order to deepen our relationship and walk with Jesus Christ our personal Redeemer and Savior; and through prayer, knocking seeking and asking God who gives generously to all of us, apply the simple instruction of the Living Word of God to our lives.

Reading the Word... Asking God for the wisdom to Apply the Word to our lives! Applying the knowledge that God reveals to us through His Word to our day-to-day actions and attitude is truly the key to life and to an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.

James goes on to give some more simple wisdom and basic instruction, he warns us in verse 1:22-25, that if we hear the Word and do not apply it, the Word is useless for shaping our lives. Knowing the Bible without acting on that knowledge will not help us make godly decisions. But if we can be hearers and doers of the Word, giving it feet and putting the Word of God into action in our lives, we will be blessed beyond measure.

How do we prepare for this? This is my thought:

1. Jesus said, “What is impossible with men is possible with God”. Rely on God’s help and the work of the Holy Spirit to succeed. It is all in the trusting, not by the trying of our own strength - Be Confident In Christ!
Luke 18:27

2. “Devote yourselves to prayer”. Pray for wisdom, guidance, success and His perfect will for your life. Our Savior loves us and His greatest joy is when we take time to spend time talking with Him and sharing from our hearts. No matter what it is, just keep it real - Invest Yourself In Christ, He Invested in you!
Colossians 4:2
3. “For the hearers of the law are not righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous”. Obey God’s Word, simple instruction and Divine plan for your life. The best teachers are doers, put action to the knowledge He has blessed you with and allow Him to guide you through life - God Guides!
Romans 2:13

4. “Remember this: the person who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the person who sows generously will also reap generously”. Commit to become familiar with the Bible in order to equip yourself with His simple instructions in order that we can use them to apply to problems, opportunities, or the difficult the decisions we face each day. The results will be worth your time and effort so be bold and courageous - Be Sold-Out and All-In for Jesus!
2 Corinthians 9:6

God's Truth & Promises:
Cry out of insight, and ask for understanding. Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasures. Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God.
Proverbs 2:3-5
God Guides And Is The Giver Of Wisdom - Just Ask!
blog comments powered by Disqus