Sunday, February 21, 2010

PRAYER

PRAYER
God Seems very far way. Should I even keep trying to reach Him?

God's Response
O Lord, why do you stand so far away? Why do you hide when I am in trouble?
Psalm 10:1

I keep praying to you, Lord, hoping this time you will show me favor. In your unfailing love, O God, answer my prayer with your sure salvation.
Psalm 69:13

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.
Romans 12:12


Our Takeaway
"Why do you hide when I am in trouble?" To the psalmist, God seemed far away. But even though the writer had honest doubts, he did not stop praying or conclude that God no longer cared. He was not complaining, but he was asking God to please hurry to his aid. It is during the times when we feel most alone or oppressed that we need to keep praying, sharing with God our troubles, and waiting for him to respond.


God's Promise
[Jesus said,] "I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for, Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone that seeks, finds. And everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."
Luke 11:9-10
blog comments powered by Disqus