Friday, February 12, 2010

SEDUCTION
How can I avoid giving in to the enticement of sin?

God's Response
Wisdom will save you from the immoral woman, from the seductive words of the promiscuous woman. She has abandoned her husband and ignores the covenant she made before God.
Proverbs 2:16-17

[Jesus said,] "It is what comes from inside that defiles you. For from within, out of a person's heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality... lustful desires... pride, and foolishness."
Mark 7:20-22

Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips. Don't let me drift toward evil or take part in acts of wickedness. Don't let me share in the delicacies of those who do wrong.
Psalm 141:3-4

Our Takeaway
Two of the most difficult sins to resist are pride and sexual immorality. Both are seductive, Pride says, "I deserve it"; sexual desire says, "I need it." Pride appeals to the empty head; sexual enticement to the empty heart. To overcome these temptations, you need to fill your head with God's wisdom and your heart with love for Him. Then ask Him for strength to resist these temptations.

God's Promise
[God] gives us even more grace to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say, "God opposes the proud but favors the humble." So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
James 4:6-7
blog comments powered by Disqus