Thursday, February 4, 2010

SUFFERING
Why do people who deny God seem to be happier and wealthier than I am? Why am I suffering when i work so hard to please God?
God's Response
Look at these wicked people - enjoying a life of ease while their riches multiply. Did I keep my heart pure for nothing? Did I keep myself innocent for no reason?... I tried to understand why the wicked prosper. But what a difficult task it is! Then I went into Your sanctuary, O God, and I finally understood the destiny of the wicked... Yet I still belong to You; You hold my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but You? I desire You more than anything on earth.
Psalm 73:12-13, 16-17, 23-25
Our Takeaway
The psalmist asked God a question most people ask at one time or another: Why do evil people prosper while the righteous suffer? It wasn't until the psalmist went into God's sanctuary that he finally began to see things from a long-term perspective: The wicked don't really prosper, not in the long run.
God is alive and in control of the world and its events. We cannot see all that God is doing, and we cannot see all that God will do. But knowing that we belong to the One who is in charge gives us confidence that God will make everything right in the end.
God's Promise
Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection.
Proverbs 30:5
blog comments powered by Disqus