Thursday, March 11, 2010

FORGIVENESS
Do my sins exclude me from serving God?

God's Response
Peter stepped forward with the eleven other apostles and shouted to the crowd, "Listen carefully, all of you, fellow Jews and residents of Jerusalem! Make no mistake about this. These people are not drunk, as some of you are assuming. Nine o'clock in the morning is much too early for that. No, what you see was predicted long ago by the prophet Joel."
Acts 2:14-16

Peter continued preaching for a long time, strongly urging all his listeners, "Save yourselves from this crooked generation!"
Acts 2:40

Our Takeaway
Peter had been an impulsive leader during Jesus' earthly ministry, and his bravado had become his downfall, even to the point of denying that he knew Jesus. But Christ forgave Peter and restored him. This restored Peter was bold but humble. His confidence came from the Holy Spirit, who made him a powerful and dynamic speaker.

Have you ever felt as if you've made such serious mistakes that God could never use you? No matter what sins you have committed, God can and does forgive you and can make you useful for His Kingdom. Confess your sins and know that you are already forgiven; He will restore you so that you can serve Him effectively.

God's Promise
There is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ.
Romans 8:1

Big T's Thought to Ponder
After I received Jesus Christ as my Savior and experienced His gift of Salvation, I thought that each time I sinned that I had to ask for His forgiveness. I would go before the Lord and confess my sins as we should; then ask again to be forgiven for the specific sin(s) I committed.

I would continue asking for forgiveness throughout each day as I felt my walk with Him was compromised and then I would try harder to work for his righteousness and forgiveness. I was missing the entire promise, joy and experience of God's Grace and unconditional love - His everlasting forgiveness for each one of our sins.

I continued to live defeated until I was set free by His Truth, which revealed my true identity in Christ. As believers we are Forgiven, "Saints that sometimes sin".

Forgiveness is His gift to us - just believe.
Colossians 1:13-14; Colossians 2:13-14
blog comments powered by Disqus