Tuesday, March 9, 2010

INVITATION
How does Jesus invite me to experience Him?

Gods' Response
Jesus called out to [Peter and Andrew], "come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for men!" And they left their nets at once and followed Him.
Matthew 4:19-20

Our Takeaway
The invitation and promise of Jesus are clear, but they remain only opportunities until you take Jesus up on His invitation through action. If Peter and Andrew had merely listened to Jesus and then said, that's a very interesting invitation; maybe we can talk about it again after fishing season, they would not have become Jesus' disciples. Jesus' invitation requires a decision: to follow Him or to remain where you are. Acceptance of His invitation leads to action - the disciples left their nets and the life they knew and followed Jesus. God is constantly extending invitations to you to experience life with Him. Does your RSVP say, "Accepted with gratitude?"

Gods' Promise
God will do this, for He is faithful to do what he says, and He has invited you into partnership with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Corinthians 1:9

Big T's Thought to Ponder
Recently I had an opportunity to serve in a men's Christian retreat call "A Walk To Emmaus" and when I received that phone call , that invitation and opportunity from Jesus Christ - it was the only time that I "anticipated" that weekend, but I immediately said, yes!

Because I stepped out in faith and obedience an gave that immediate response of, "Yes". I was able to experience the calling of our Savior Jesus Christ by putting my Christianity into action; allowing the love of Christ Jesus to flow through me in while a servantship position.

The gift which I received from God on this weekend was an experience during the receiving of Communion and one which can not be explained by my words alone, but brought all the Love, Peace, Joy and Abundance our Risen Savior has promised us in His Word and Truth.

What will your answer be next time your called to service, Yes, or "No, I just don't have the time"? Don't be robbed of the love, peace and joy God has promised you through His simple invitations.
John 15: 1-11
blog comments powered by Disqus