Tuesday, March 16, 2010

REFRESHMENT
I'm feeling tired in my spiritual walk. How can I be refreshed?

God's Response
Repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord.
Acts 3:19-20

Wash me clean from my fault. Purify me from my sins... Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit with me... Restore to me the joy of Your salvation , and make me willing to obey You.
Psalm 51:2; 51:10; 51:12

Our Takeaway
God promises that when we turn from sins, He not only will cleanse us of our sins but will also give us spiritual refreshment. Turning away from sin may seem painful, because it is hard to break old habits. But God will give you a better way. Hosea declared, "Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know Him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of the dawn or the coming of rains in early spring"
Hosea 6:3

God's Promise
"Come now, let's settle this," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, i will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, i will make them as white as wool".
Isaiah 1:18

Big T's Thought to Ponder
One of the many things I love about God is we have an endless supply of refreshment, it is found easily by spending time with with Him and developing that intimate relationship during our alone time.

I love the story that my pastor shared with me about Elijah predicting the drought to King Ahab. God spoke to Elijah, "Go away from here eastward, and hide yourself by the brook Cherith, which is east of the Jordon. And it shall be that you shall drink of the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to provide for you there." God wanted time with Elijah, He wanted to give of His refreshment and to prepare him for His works.
1 Kings 17:1-24

For me, I like to find a time in the morning when nobody in my family would even consider getting up and just spend time by the brook, alone with our Savior Jesus Christ. I call it "going steady with E.D.D.Y. - You do it Early - You do it Daily - You do it Diligently and you do it Yielding.
Matthew 7:7; Matthew 11:28-30
blog comments powered by Disqus