Monday, March 22, 2010

NEW LIFE
Can I ever truly change and become a new person?

God's Response:
To all who believe Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn - not with a physical birth resulting form human passion or plan, but a birth that comes form God.
John 1:12-13

Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.
John 3:6

[Christ] died for everyone so that those who received His new life will no longer live for them selves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.
2 Corinthians 5:15

Our Takeaway:
All who welcome Jesus Christ as Savior of their lives are reborn spiritually and have received new life from God. Through faith in Christ, you are changed from the inside out. God rearranges your attitudes, your desires, and your motives. Being born physically places you in your parents' family. Being born of God makes you spiritually alive and makes you a member of God's family. Have you asked God to make you a new person? This fresh start is available to all who believe in Christ.

God's Promise:
You have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last because it comes from the eternal, living Word of God.
1 Peter 1:23

Big T's Thought To Ponder:
Our minds, God's Thoughts... I found so much hope when a brother in Christ came beside me and shared Galatians 2:20 with me just weeks after being rescued by my Savior - "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me and the life i now live in the flesh i live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me."

I loved hearing these words, this was the first verse that I memorized because I didn't ever want to forget that God made me a new person by taking up residency within me - yeah, Christ lives in me! WOW... now this was amazing to me and brought me peace, comfort, reassurance and a passion to learn everything I could about Jesus Christ my Hero and the Savior of the world.

It wasn't until I stumbled upon Colossians 3:1-21 that God began to help me have a fuller understanding of the verse in Galatians I had wrapped myself in. When God gave me Revelation of "putting on the new self" this changed my life, my mind and my way of thinking.

When I read 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 this woven tread was revealed to me and the invasion of truth began to set me free from deception. Now I have a clear understanding of who God is and how His Son has saved us and changed us and given us a new means of making decisions. We have new wisdom with our Creator, and an ability and desire to think His thoughts and live His life. We are in a holy process of becoming more like Him.

Isn't that amazing? While many of today's religions, cults and false teachings make us gods into ourselves, Jesus makes us humans with God's mind. We were dead and now we are alive with the Spirit of Christ living in us - renewing our minds, transforming our hearts and guiding our paths - Wow, we are truly blessed beyond the mental capacity of our finite thinking.

Don't give in to the depression, negativity, deception, misconceptions and false perspectives of this perishing world - God wants us to think like Him, shed the old and embrace the new. Be conformed to His image daily in you mind and stand in the victory we have in our Risen Savior!
Hebrews 10:19-25
blog comments powered by Disqus